There is something reassuring about standing for something, and knowing what we stand for.
For men and women who are true to themselves and to the virtues and standards they have
personally adopted, it is not difficult to be true to others.
{ Gordon B. Hinckley, standing for something }



Halloween '13

As much as I wish it wasn't, Halloween is kind of a big deal around our house. I could honestly do without Halloween. I think the only redeeming part is kids in cute costumes ...


But the overindulgence on candy and eventual breakdowns, I could do without! :)

I DO love fall and harvest time, and we think Cornbelly's at Thanksgiving Point has the best pumpkin patch around! Aunties Tori and Gaylyn accompanied us this year on a perfectly beautiful Saturday in October.

And then there's this ...
Here's the part of the holiday I really don't love. Grant and his obsession with all things spooky. This year he went Sleepy Hollow on me and did this for part of the neighborhood spook alley. I should be proud of him and his creativity, right? It all just makes me kinda cringe. It's the one sore spot of our marriage. But I can't claim I didn't know about it -- Grant's family have been Halloween nuts as long as I've known them. Somehow, we overcome our differences! :)

No comments: