The recipe for this bread, which I really couldn't get over how easy it was, comes from my good friend Brittany, the source of some of my best and, in her words, maybe not so "virtuous" recipes!
Monkey Bread:
- 18 frozen rolls (i.e. Rhodes)
- 1 box non-instant butterscotch pudding
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- cinnamon to taste
The night before you want to serve, place approximately 18 frozen rolls in a buttered Bundt pan. Sprinkle one package butterscotch (non-instant) pudding over rolls. Mix 1/2 cup better or margarine (melted) with 3/4 cup brown sugar and cinnamon (to taste). Pour sugar/butter mixture over rolls topped with pudding mix. Cover with plastic wrap and let raise at room temperature overnight. Back at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes. If they brown too fast, cover with foil the last 10 minutes. Turn out on a plate and enjoy!
Variations:
- Add 1/2 to 1 cup chopped pecans
- Top with cream cheese frosting
















6 comments:
Oh, that looks great! I've been thinking of starting a conference tradition, this looks like a good one!
I made cinnamon rolls this time around, but they didn't get done until between conference, and by then we'd eaten lunch, and didn't want to carbo-load and fall asleep during the last session of conference!
I may have to steal your idea, if that's ok with you! :) But, I'll have to buy a bundt pan.
Dang that looks SO GOOD!!!!!!! I might be making that in the near future, minus conference weekend. What a great idea though. I need to think more like that. You are awesome!!!!
Looks so yummy and I can't believe how easy that recipe is! You can't go wrong with any of that!
This was SO good Monica & thanks for the recipe, now I can make it too! YuMmy!!
Thanks for the idea and the recipe. I just made a batch for Easter morning. Thanks for sharing!!!
Yum!!! Is this approved eating for our M&M motivation plan?...somehow I wonder! It's really okay to leave the rolls out at room temp overnight?...you learn something new every day!! P.S. I hear Eliot's haircut was a fascinating experience!..ha ha!!
Post a Comment